Deepen your regional engagement, forge people-to-people links and take part in shaping and strengthening the future of the ASEAN-Australia relationship.
- The Australia-Indonesia Youth Association (AIYA) is a non‐government, youth-led organisation which aims to better connect young Indonesians and Australians to each other and to Australia-Indonesia related opportunities. AIYA has active chapters in every Australian state and territory, as well as Jakarta, West Java, Yogyakarta and Eastern Indonesia (South Sulawesi and Nusa Tenggara Timur). To become involved with AIYA come along to an event in your state, territory or province or email email@example.com.
- The Australia-Vietnam Youth Leadership Dialogue will be held from 26-30 May 2019 in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City. Applications close on 30 November. Apply now!
- New Colombo Plan Scholarships provide opportunities for Australian undergraduate students to undertake semester-based study and internships or mentorships in 40 participating Indo-Pacific locations. Announced at the Special Summit, an ASEAN Fellowship will be awarded every year for the next five years to support an Australian undergraduate whose NCP scholarship focuses on Australia’s engagement with the ASEAN region.
- Australia Awards are prestigious international scholarships and fellowships offering the next generation of global leaders an opportunity to undertake study, research and professional development in Australia. Announced at the Special Summit, Australia Awards ASEAN Scholarships will support 50 ASEAN students to study in Australia in fields contributing to ASEAN peace, prosperity and social development.
- The Endeavour Leadership Program offers individuals from Australia and overseas the opportunity to develop their knowledge and expertise and build institution-to-institution connections to create the next generation of international education and research leaders across a wide variety of professional fields. The program features an Australia-ASEAN Leadership category awarded to the highest ranked ASEAN applicants.
- Westpac Asian Exchange Scholarships offers Australian students the chance to study for up to two semesters in Singapore.
- ASEANop.com showcases opportunities including conferences, scholarships for study and internships.
- Australia-ASEAN Council Grants generate opportunities for Australian business, education, science and innovation and the arts to work with partners in Southeast Asia. The AAC supports activities designed to enhance awareness, understanding and links between people and institutions in Australia and ten ASEAN Member States.
- The ASEAN Foundation runs a competitive unpaid Internship Programme that both ASEAN and Australian undergraduate or postgraduate students may apply for. Interns will gain a deeper understanding of ASEAN affairs and the work of the ASEAN Foundation to support the ASEAN Community building process.
- Volunteer or start your own initiative with AASYP Connect. AASYP Connect is a platform for youth to sound board ideas, to connect with new team members to develop or scale projects and to recruit volunteers for project implementation. Join our group on Facebook now!
Have an opportunity worth sharing?